What did you learn in 2014?
Happy New Year! January is a great time to ensure your plans are set for the coming 12 months, but don’t forget to consider what you learnt last year.
Some personal prompts which I’m sharing as one or more came up in every one of my meetings:
1. Leaders seldom realize the impact their behaviours have on their team
2. Always continue to ask good questions, don’t presume nothing has changed
3. The hardest thing to determine is what someone else finds challenging
4. Listening is under-rated and everyone needs to be reminded
5. I love the adrenalin rush when you start working with a new business
6. Preparation is the key to calm, confident, engaging presentations
7. Prioritising is a skill not everyone has been taught
8. Sometimes work is hard, but it should be or it’s not challenging enough
And finally, Dory’s great words of advice to Nemo, “just keep swimming, just keep swimming”… and have fun!