It’s time to celebrate! What are you waiting for?
Being able to recognise the good and the bad times is a key component of running a successful business. Lead by example and don’t get caught up in the tough times. However, it is harder to do this when your head is full with all the things you could improve.
I decided to “celebrate better” this month. We had lots to be excited about and I’m proud and a little shocked at how we acknowledged these:
- Aide de MD’s 16th birthday in August
- Sarah’s 7th year with the business – thank you, thank you, thank you!
- Completed our first training video – on accountability (of course!)
- Re-elected to my third year as President of Manly Business Chamber. This followed a special resolution, with the whole of the committee renominating. They’re an amazing group of people and we have achieved so much together!
- And personally, my proudest moment, my youngest son graduated college
So how did we celebrate?
- Sarah and I went to see Dr Norman Swan at a beautiful lunch at Pilu Restaurant where we learnt 2 things to help you live younger longer
- I threw axes with my family (Kiss My Axe)
- Oh, yes, and I jumped out of a plane!
My tip is not to wait for a special year or milestone event, but to look at the glass half full and celebrate for any reason with the people you appreciate most. No need to jump out of a plane, but it was the MOST unbelievable sensation.
The next years ahead will include more celebrations, more fearlessness and continued growth for Aide de MD.
And, here are two tips to live younger longer:
- Exercise for an hour a day
- Continue to work as it keeps you valued, challenged and contributing to the world.